Friday 15 July 2011

A thank you letter to Jo Rowling.

Dear Jo Rowling,
I want to sincerely thank you for sharing Harry Potter with the rest of the world. As I walked out of the theater today, I felt something, like I was leaving something behind. Harry Potter was an integral part of my childhood, along with a million others, kids/adults everyone.
I am going to be honest, I started reading Harry Potter from it's 3rd part, the Prisoner of Azkaban. The thing I love the most about your books is the way you beautifully show how love, friendship, courage, honor, is invincible. Something I strongly believe in. I long for a friendship as perfect as Harry, Ron and Hermione's, I adore Harry's bravery and admire his "never give up" attitude and ofcourse, then there are the much loved, loyal, faithful friends who were by his side through his darkest times. They went on and happily sacrificed their life for him.
In a world where war and hatred and dishonesty are far from being alien, you inculcated good morals through your books, you gave hope to the people that people are capable of so much better. You helped them find a better self which was hidden in them. You made them strong enough, through Harry, and urged them to not turn their back towards their fears but instead, Face it.Accept it. Defeat it. 
Lastly, your amazing (amazing seems to be a major understatement) imaginary and creative skills. You gave us Hogwarts, leaving kids (including me) to wish on every clove leaf, eye lash, lucky star to get an invite to graduate from Hogwarts. Everything, from the Horcruxes, to the Deathly Hallows, to the chamber of secrets (God I could go on and onn!) was work of sheer brilliance. You got the WHOLE god damn world gripped. No body could ignore Harry Potter! if you din't know who Harry was, well let's just say it was worse than not knowing the Prime Minister/ President of the country you're living in. It is such a phenomenal success! Like, take the case of my own sister. My dad first gave her, her first Harry Potter back in 1999 when chamber of secrets was released and from that day until now, she's been ridiculously, freakishly addicted to it! I've seen her standing in lines for the book or going to the other end of the city in days of heavy heavy rains, just so she could grab a copy of the new Harry Potter book. Other then that we owned Harry Potter T-shirts, mugs, trump cards, bags, stickers, stationary and every and any other HP merchandise available.  

So really Thank you, for inspiring so many of us, for making us believe in our selves and blessing us with such a beautiful childhood.

PS1: It will be unfair to not mention the cast and crew who gave life to Harry Potter. We literally saw Harry, Ron and Hermione, grow up! Daniel Radcliffe finally learnt how to act! =P

PS2: Thank You again. Maybe I'm all emotional after the movie since it's the last and all but you deserve it.

PS3: Twilight sucks! I personally couldn't get past the first book.

Yeah I'll end here.

Lovvve
-R 

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha... Harry potter trump cards! We didn't even know how to play!I still have them somewhere...
    And yes...Twilight Sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Says someone who read all 4 books religiously =P

    ReplyDelete